Tuesday 7 February 2012

Need confidence?

Hello! I wasn't planning on doing this post but after watching Gok Wan's The Naked Truth programme tonight on Channel 4. It's a programme about the way teenagers and young adults feel and think about their body. In tonights episode, it inspired me to write this post about body confidence and image.


I want to get one thing straight before we start. Beauty has no limits. You can be Asian, Indian, American, 20st, 7st, blonde, ginger, have freckles, scars, whatever. You are all beautiful.


Whether you believe in God or not, we were created to be originals, to be different. It's what makes this world a lovely place to live. I work with people who are from different origins and it just makes it that little bit more interesting learning about their life and their traditions. Just imagine, if we were all the same, there would be no conversation. When you go through life, you will experience some bullying even if you're one of the popular kids. There will be one person who has the same insecurities as you, that's why they're bullying. It's their way of trying to gain confidence. So when or if you have been bullied, it's not personal. I have been through bullying myself and it ruined my high school life. I had slightly bigger front teeth that stuck out more than usual, I was the centre of attention with bullies. For me personally, when you are bullied because of your appearance, it sucks. It's probably the worst feeling even more so when guys are involved. I stopped eating and became very close to becoming anorexic. Luckily, I didn't and I found a little strength. 


You will find bullying in every form of life, no matter how old you are. But let me tell you, you will get through it and become stronger. One day, you may even tell other people your story.


Beauty doesn't come from outside. It comes from within. When you're meeting guys (or girls for those males readers out there!), it's the personality they go for. 


We're not all perfect and we all have insecurities but it makes us who we are. If you have a boyfriend, or somebody who loves you i.e friends and family will always love you for who you are. They will love your flaws and you will just forget about them. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 4 years and he loves everything about me, including my flaws. I've learnt to deal with what I've got and accept it. Your flaws make you who you are and defines you. You may hate your legs but if your boyfriend or best friend loves them, it can give you confidence into loving them yourself. As for my teeth, I've had braces. They have been straightened but I'm still not happy with them. Does it bother me? No. Because it's a part of who I am, who I will always be.






Let me know your thoughts on this issue. It's always been something so close to my heart and I would love to help you guys out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time and making comments! I read every single comment and I shall reply as soon as I can! <3