Wednesday 9 May 2012

Saved My Life?

Hello.
In one of my first posts, I explained that I suffered from itchy irritated legs. I went to the walk in centre and was told it was a shaving rash so I went and bought a razor, some shaving cream and E45.

It didn't work.

A few weeks ago, I saw an advert on TV where certain razors were half price. I went into Boots soon after and I decided to give my legs a treat. I was going to pick up the half price razor but when I looked at the prices for the replacement blades, I simply didn't bother! I bought a Wilkinson Sword Intuition Plus Hydra Soft razor for £6.49 and a pack of 3 replacement blades for a similar price (can't find online).  You can watch the TV advert here.


Pomegranate version

It's basically a 3 in 1 razor to lather, shave and moisturise in just one use. The razor is surrounded by soap and enriched with shea butter which makes shaving less irritating and you can barely feel the blade on your skin. As you can see below, the white bit is pure soap. It is incredible! I can't believe I have NEVER used this product before! It's easy to hold and it has sturdy grips. 


It also comes with a lid (which is crap unless I'm using it wrong) and a holder so you can easily attach it to the walls in your bathroom.

picture from Google

I also bought E45 Itch Relief Cream to go with it. I had gone through a couple bottles of the normal E45 cream and that was just having no affect apart from simply moisturising. It was expensive for a little 50g tube but damn it works! These 2 products together have meant that I have stopped my frantic itching and I can lead a lovely leg life! They also leave my legs feeling super smooth and moisturised. I just need to find a gradual tan now! Roll on the summer months!

 Have you used these products before? What do you think?


The Cosmo and Next blog awards are here! If you would like to vote for La Belle Vie then be sure to select Best New Beauty Newcomer here and Next Newcomer Blog here (my blog is under a year old). Thank you! :)


3 comments:

  1. Oh I bought one of those but I hung it the other way round...it stays up, with the lid on but I'm probably doing it wrong haha

    I found it lasted quite a while (a couple of months) but it wasn't very good once the soap part started to wear down and it didn't work very well on my legs. I'm now using the Gilette Venus Proskin, which works perfectly on my legs and is still moisturising.

    Also, Wilkinsons have the Intuition for about £5 - at least it was when I went in the other day, but they were sold out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had NO idea how to work it!
      I'll have to check it out in Wilkinsons!

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to use that razor and loved it! It gets a bit annoying when the soap starts running down though :(

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and making comments! I read every single comment and I shall reply as soon as I can! <3