Thursday 18 October 2012

Summer to Autumn/Fall nails!

Hello!
As you may know, I don't do much nail art if not none! So this post may come to you as a surprise, yes a nail post! In the summer, I loved bright nudes (if that's even a trend). I love reds even in the autumn too so expect a few different shades!



Barry M in Coral, Peach Melba, Nude and Models Own Utopia.
The Barry M shades were key in the summer. Coral looks beautiful with a tan and on both hands and feet. Peach Melba is again a lovely light, milky peach. 
Models Own Utopia is a perfect base for any glitter and is mainly used with Ibiza Mix.


Essie in Lacquered Up, Watermelon, Ballet Slippers.
Well what can I say about Essie? Ever since their arrival in Boots and Superdrug, I have become obsessed with the shades. I love a good red nail so I couldn't resisted picking this beauty up. I had also seen that Watermelon was a popular colour and it's the perfect colour for summer/autumn.

A new polish I have picked up is the Models Own Wonderland collection. This is what Models Own have to say about their new collection: ' Five magical polishes ranging in gradients of subtle to dense glitter for a sophisticated grown-up glimmer. For a manicured finish use the iridescent shades to give an accent of glitter, or be brave and layer up the polish until it's opaque! Each polish gives a different nail finish from frosty to full on snowstorm: Jack Frost, a wash of iridescent soft sparkle in a translucent cloudy base; Snowflake, a mesmerising transparent mix of white gold flakes; Southern Lights, an opaque holographic multi-tonal glitter in a lilac finish; Northern Lights, a fine holographic multi-tonal glitter in a pink finish; Blizzard, a dense mix of hand cut glitters to give a silver day-night sparkle!'


Now onto the autumn shades. I mainly dive for the deep shades like navys, reds, berrys and purples. I also have a few sparkley additions, how can you not when it gets nearer to Christmas? 





I also wanted a really good base and top coat. Since writing this post I have since bought a Maybelline Express Manicure top coat which works wonders. These Nails Inc ones are only the small bottles but there's still good stuff in there!

If I am giving my nails a rest I will just wear a base coat for about a month and that usually does the job.


I am looking to get some sort of thing to store all of my nail polish on as my collection seems to be ever growing.
Any suggestions, please leave below!
And also I am always on the look out for new polishes, leave your suggestions below too!



3 comments:

  1. I love Barry M's Coral and Peach Melba! I have both.

    please check out my blog if you have the time :)
    http://georgialouisee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! you have a lot of lovely colors!
    love your blog!
    following you now :)
    would love if you checked out my blog sometime!
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and making comments! I read every single comment and I shall reply as soon as I can! <3