Saturday 7 April 2012

Real Techniques?

Hello lovelies! 


I never used to use brushes to apply my make up when I was younger. I always used to use one of those disgusting sponges and I either bought them from Poundland or use my mums! It wasn't until I got older and experimented that I needed my make up to look amazing on my skin. For Christmas I asked for a brush set from Avon which had a mixture of eye and face brushes. As much as I wanted it, I got a different set which was perfect! Came with a lovely case and had a powder, foundation, concealer and 3 eye brushes. 

I had been reading blog posts and YouTube videos on these Real Techniques brushes below. I did want to get MAC brushes  but being so expensive, I didn't bother. So when I saw these were being released in Boots, I went crazy! The first brush I bought was the Stippling Brush. It was £11.99 and worth every penny! It made my foundation glide over my skin and I looked flawless!

I then plucked up the courage to buy these beautueeees!


This is the Core Collection which contains all the face brushes that you will ever need! The collection contains a contour, foundation, detailer and buffer brush. The only brush I don't use is the foundation brush simply because it looks too small. I do have a good foundation brush that I occassionally use but after I bought this set, I tend to use the buffing brush.

Real Techniques Core Collection - £21.99

Every single brush is very dense, professional looking and very easy to use. They have never shed on me and they seem to be just perfect in creating that beautiful flawless look. The buffing brush buffs (ironic!) the foundation into your skin the way it should. 
Here's a few pictures of me with either Benefit's HELLO Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation or Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. (none of these photos has been re-touched apart from colour.)





Just beautiful, affordable brushes.

You can check out the rest of the brushes on the Boots website here.
They also have a Twitter here.
And I'm sure you can find them on Facebook!

(btw, this isn't a sponsored or afflilated post, I just adore these brushes and want to spread the goodness!)

What do you think of the Real Techniques brushes?



6 comments:

  1. The best!! Definitely worth the money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want these! Apparentley the foundation brush can be used for a concealer brush because it's small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has been on my wish list for a while! I heard great things about it and really want to try it!

    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that's good then. I may try the foundation brush out as a concealer brush.

    Jackie, GET IT!!! Worth it and you won't be ashamed!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. been wanting to get these! great post lovley :) found your blog through bbloggers last night :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time and making comments! I read every single comment and I shall reply as soon as I can! <3